HomeLatest imagesSearchArcadeRegisterLog in
The Big Problem with DLCs (must know) Download_managerHate Ads?
Sign ON to get rid of them!

Share | 

The Big Problem with DLCs (must know)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Suki  
Suki
Respected Citizen
Respected Citizen
Mood : Mischief
Bells Bells : 23363

Apples Apples : 23

The Big Problem with DLCs (must know) Empty
PostSubject: The Big Problem with DLCs (must know)   The Big Problem with DLCs (must know) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11 2010, 20:57

The Big Problem with DLCs (must know) 2a7g9df

The big Problem with DLCs (must know)

DLC's are items that are distributed by
Nintendo through wiiconnect24 that don't already exist in the game.
Nintendo has released a couple DLC items. Two are red Pikmin (released
on
Christmas) and top (released on New Years). Both items have only been
released to Japanese players, however it is possible to get them in your
game if someone in Japan gives it to you. Once you get an item it is
added to your slot. Slots were made so you could receive the information
of certain items that don't already exist in the game. The problem
comes when Hackers make there own DLC's. Some include:

ShinyBluePikmin: “The ShinyBluePikmin acts like the Red Pikmin. It is a hat that you wear and is just a sky-shiny blue looking red pikmin; interesting to note is that when it is in your pockets, the icon appears as a helmet but when you drop it, it shows the cap image. A ShinyBluePikmin can be cataloged and you can buy it for 1 bell. If you sell it, Tom Nook will not give you any money and a message will appear similar to when you sell him a tire/can/garbage.”
RedLightSabreV1 and BlueLightSabreV1: "These Sabres are items that were made by creating an entirely new sprite image and utilizing the ability of an Axe. They both look like colored sticks. You can wield both of these Sabers like an Axe, and like an Axe, you can cut down trees. The BlueSabreV1 never breaks and has the pocket and dropping icon of a Gold Axe. You can try to sell a BlueSabreV1 for 1,700,000 bells; however, it is impossible to hold that much so Nook will not accept it. A RedSabreV1 is almost exactly the BlueSabreV1 but the pocket image is a near-broken regular Axe. A RedSabreV1 sells for 250,000 bells. Both items cannot be cataloged, as they function like tools and tools do not appear in your catalog.”
You can get one by going to someone's town and if they have one they will sell it to you. But here is the issue. The game works like slots that process info for new items sent to you by Nintendo.
DLC works by sending codes for items to players’ games (Nintendo does that by sending letters containing the item). BUT the code can also be uptained by coming in contact with someone with the code. However, the game cannot hold infinitely new items just by sending new code. The game can hold up to 256 different items; meaning only 256 lines of code can be uploaded into the game. However, there are literally thousands of places holders for the lines of code. The game has thousands of different placeholders for the codes of DLC, but the game can only have a max of 256. Most of those placeholders are just empty.
Some examples of codes to get you an idea are below:
red Pikmin: $AEB0
top: $C840
ShinyBluePikmin: $CA00
RedLightSabreV1: $CA04
BlueLightSabreV1: $CA08
So here is the real problem Once you connect to someone who has the data for hacked DLC, your game will automatically receive that code. That means, if you go to a town with that item, get a letter with that item, or go to a town where someone else has that item, then you will get the code. The problem is even more intense because if you have the code, you can give the code to everyone you play online with, even if you don’t have the item. Even if you do not pick up the item, you will still have the code for the DLC.
On the other side of things, if Nintendo happens to release DLC in the same slot as one of the hacked DLC and you have visited someone’s town with the hacked DLC, then you will never be able to see Nintendo’s DLC because you already have the code for the hacked DLC. Of course, that’s saying that Nintendo chooses the same exact slot, which is unlikely due to the thousands of slots available.
Side Effects:
"There are couple different side effects to the hacked DLC. MercuryEnigma has detailed the effects: “The first side affect is the very, very unlikely to happen. If a HDLC takes up the spot of a regular DLC, or another HDLC, then those new items will not exist to the player. Let’s take a scenario. Say player1 has the ShinyBluePikmin in slot $CA00. Now say player2 has an InsertLameItem in slot $CA00 and goes to player1’s town. InsertLameItem is furniture while the ShinyBluePikmin is a hat. If player2 drops his InsertLameItem and player 1 picks it up, player1 sees it as a ShinyBluePikmin. Everything that is in slot $CA00 is a ShinyBluePikmin to player1. The same is true for player2. Every item that uses slot $CA00 is an InsertLameItem. The game compensates very nicely. So at worst, if Nintendo creates a DLC that uses the same slot as one of the HDLC, then a player will only get whichever item that player got first. This is VERY unlikely as there are literally THOUSANDS of slots that DLC can be placed in.”

MercuryEnigma continues and describes the second side effect: “The second side affect has to deal with the first side affect. Again, it will NOT mess up your game. If two players have two different items located in the same slot, each player sees something different. Let’s take the above example. We have player2 visiting player1’s town. Say player1 decides to put on his ShinyBluePikmin. Now to player2, that is an InsertLameItem, not a hat of any kind. Player1 sees himself with his ShinyBluePikmin hat on. However, player2 does not see the hat. Player2 will recognize that player1 is wearing some hat, but the hat will not be there. So essentially, Player2 sees a bald Player1. Again, the game compensates very nicely and it does NOT mess up one’s game.” It looks odd, but technically it doesn’t ruin your game.

MercuryEnigma continues and describes the third side effect: “This is the most unlikely thing that could happen by far. Because the game can hold only 256 DLC/hacked DLC items (which is a LOT), there is a possibility that someone could try to get over that cap. This will not happen, rest assured. With Nintendo and the founder of the hacked DLC being the only people who can create these items, they will not let that happen. Say Nintendo kicks it into over time and releases a new DLC item every week (very unlikely as so far only 2 have been released in a couple months), that means that 52 DLC will be created in the next year. Say the founder of the hacked DLC does the same thing, which is still only 104 new items. Therefore, it would take over 2 years to use all of the 256 holds. Moreover, it is still very unlikely that Nintendo will produce that many DLC so fast; only two have been released so far. Furthermore, even if Nintendo were to produce that many, the founder of the hacked DLC could curve his production. It is virtually impossible.”

In short, this won’t do anything unless Nintendo happens to release DLC with the same code as one of the hacked DLC. At this point in time, I would say that it’s up to you whether you want to risk it or not. This has become an epidemic since the start a few days ago. The code for the hacked DLC is becoming very widespread and it’s hard to say how many people online have the code right now. If you are still skeptical, then do not go online and maybe even delete those in your friend roster. If anything, Nintendo can at least try and keep up with the hacked DLC and either find a way to disable it or find out what code they’re using so that they don’t use the same code. Stay tuned for the latest."

Thank you WiiNintendo.net for exact information and Side effect information

Back to top Go down
http://animeisland.nstars.org

Jason  
Jason
Villager
Villager
Mood : Glee
Bells Bells : 25472

Apples Apples : 1

PostSubject: Re: The Big Problem with DLCs (must know)   The Big Problem with DLCs (must know) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24 2010, 00:22

Ahhh, yeah, totally, it's just pointless to have them in the first place.
Back to top Go down

Ç—Ðಠg  
Ç—Ðಠg
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Mood : Laughter
Bells Bells : 14351

Apples Apples : 5

PostSubject: Re: The Big Problem with DLCs (must know)   The Big Problem with DLCs (must know) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27 2010, 00:00

Wow. Who knew that. o.O
Back to top Go down

Suki  
Suki
Respected Citizen
Respected Citizen

PostSubject: Re: The Big Problem with DLCs (must know)   The Big Problem with DLCs (must know) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29 2010, 23:03

I know weird right, now I know why I see guitars instead of light sabers. :O
Back to top Go down

Ç—Ðಠg  
Ç—Ðಠg
Shooting Star
Shooting Star

PostSubject: Re: The Big Problem with DLCs (must know)   The Big Problem with DLCs (must know) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29 2010, 23:40

Lol yup. You got your wii back?
Back to top Go down

Suki  
Suki
Respected Citizen
Respected Citizen

PostSubject: Re: The Big Problem with DLCs (must know)   The Big Problem with DLCs (must know) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29 2010, 23:42

I'm turning it in tomorrow. I'm so excited! =D
Back to top Go down

Ç—Ðಠg  
Ç—Ðಠg
Shooting Star
Shooting Star

PostSubject: Re: The Big Problem with DLCs (must know)   The Big Problem with DLCs (must know) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29 2010, 23:43

Oh I see, thats great =D
Back to top Go down

Suki  
Suki
Respected Citizen
Respected Citizen

PostSubject: Re: The Big Problem with DLCs (must know)   The Big Problem with DLCs (must know) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29 2010, 23:57

Chat?
Back to top Go down

Ç—Ðಠg  
Ç—Ðಠg
Shooting Star
Shooting Star

PostSubject: Re: The Big Problem with DLCs (must know)   The Big Problem with DLCs (must know) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29 2010, 23:58

Sure.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content  

PostSubject: Re: The Big Problem with DLCs (must know)   The Big Problem with DLCs (must know) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Big Problem with DLCs (must know)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Anime Crossing Island :: Animal Crossing :: Guides-
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com